Hello everyone, Jennifer and I hope you are all well.
There was a District Zoom meeting Tuesday and I have a few points to pass along.
• 2021 District Rally (22-25 Jul) to be replaced by a ride. The ride will be based on the same dates and locations. Essentially District is just removing the social events that might have contravened any COVID restrictions in place at that time. I’ll pass on the details of the new event as they become available.
• 2021 Gypsy Run reservations to be cancelled. It had already been decided that the 2021 Gypsy Run would be postponed to 2022, however, given this is the second postponement of the event, District has now decided to cancel rather than reschedule the hotel and restaurant reservations.
• Advanced Rider’s Courses being arranged by the District. Last year we were successful at hosting one ARC on the mainland and this year we hope to do the same, with hopefully two or three courses.
I know it seems that 2021 is turning into another edition of 2020, however, I’m heartened by the events we are still pursuing at both the Chapter and District Level.
• BC-V Bare Bones Fish & Chips Run, 19 Jun
• BC-V Gulf Island Ride (Pender Island), 17 Jul
• District Ride, 22 – 25 Jul
• BC-V GOVID Provincial Ride, 5 – 10 Aug
• BC-V Gold River Run, 1 – 3 Sep
• BC-V Christmas Dinner, Fri 3 Dec
In addition there are also some non-GWRRA events we are supporting and looking forward to:
• Thunder Run and Biker Blessing, Sat 8 May
• Ride for Doug (Victoria), Sun 4 Jul
As we continue to organize these events in hopes of seeing them to fruition, we really appreciate your support and patience.
Just a reminder that the GOVID Ride Registration (free) is open at BC-V GOVID Ride – GWRRA BC-V, Victoria (gwrra-bcv.org)
The weather looks a bit iffy for a ride on Friday, and I’ll be pursuing my other hobby (SCUBA diving), but if the sun does shine, I hope as many of you as possible take the opportunity to get out on the road for a bit.
Have a good weekend everyone,
GWRRA Chapter BC-V (Victoria)